“My grace is sufficient for you; My strength is made perfect in your weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9; NKJV).
- Grace is the fuel or energy that will keep us while we wait on the Lord at Advent.
- Grace is a special gift, freely given to us by God. We do not always understand it; therefore, we do not know how to receive it.
- Grace is the presence of God in the person of His Son Jesus Christ. (God Responded At Christ’s Expense)!
- Grace is an expression of God’s desire to keep us and sustain us in the good times as well as the bad times.
- God will give us sufficient grace at Advent.
- God will give us sufficient grace while we wait.
OUR SUFFICIENCY IS IN JESUS WHO GIVES US GRACE FOR ALL SEASONS!
We will experience the sufficiency of God’s grace when we:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE that God, through His Son Jesus Christ is the Source of Grace. (And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us; and we have seen His glory, glory of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14). See also Titus 2:11.
2. RECEIVE it by faith. Extend hospitality to God’s extended arms to you, especially in this season of Advent.
3. REALIZE that grace is proven sufficient in every season of life. You can realize grace in the good times as well as the bad times. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life” (Psalm 23). When you pass through the waters, grace is made perfect (Isaiah 43:2).
4. EXPERIENCE grace in the most insignificant, unusual, and unpopular moments or seasons in life. Grace is that heavenly flow from God to compliment and compensate for where we are lacking.
1. This grace is SUFFICIENT for you at Advent (2 Corinthians 12:9).
2. This grace will SUSTAIN you at Advent (Psalm 55:22).
3. This grace will SECURE you at Advent (1 Peter 5:10).
4. This grace will SATISFY you at Advent (Psalm 91:16).
God, through His son Jesus Christ, showed up and made the difference!
Lord, thank you for the sufficiency of Your grace, through Jesus Christ Your Son. Help me to realize that grace is what I need as I wait for the manifestation of the promise. May Your grace prove sufficient for me at Advent. In Jesus name. Amen.
710 Landa St, New Braunfels, TX 78130