“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed” (2 Corinthians 4:8; ESV).
- When you feel like you cannot push anymore, know that God is with you to help you push!
- When you feel like you cannot get up anymore, know that God is with you to lift you up!
- When you feel like throwing the towel in, know that God is with you to give you endurance to last in the fight. YOU CANNOT STAY DOWN FOR THE COUNT!
- When you feel like you are feeling discouraged, know that God is with you to encourage you (to pour courage in you)!
- Because the Lord promised to be with you, He is looking out for you, and He will be present to pick you up when you are down.
God did not create you to stay down! He created you stand up and stay up!
Because the Lord promised to be with you, you cannot stay down, so:
1. GET UP! You might have gotten knocked down, but do not stay down. Do not GIVE UP or GIVE IN; GET UP! “Struck down, but not destroyed…” (2 Corinthians 4:9); “For the righteous falls seven times and rises again…” Proverbs 24:16).
2. SHAKE IT OFF! Shake off toxic emotions, shake off destructive connections and associations. Do not be complacent in your pool of tears or settle down in the ashes. Rise from your pool of tears; rise from the ashes and SHAKE IT OFF! Shake off the dust of your pain and your past. “…, shake off the dust…” (Matthew 10:14); “…, And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm” (Acts 28:5).
3. STEP OUT IN JESUS NAME! Step out because your confidence is in Jesus who promised to see you through. When you step out, it is an expression of your faith to believe God to keep His promises to you. “For we walk by faith and not by sight” (2 Cor. 5:7); “Without faith it is impossible to please Him…” (Heb. 11:6).
1. When you are down, look up! The Lord will lift you up.
2. When you are drowning, cry out! The Lord will hear you; He will rescue you.
3. When you are turned around, look to Jesus, He will lead you and guide you along the way.
Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice! - Zig Ziglar
Lord, thank you for promising that you will always be with me, never to leave me nor to forsake me. Help me to realize that when the burdens of life overwhelm me, that you will give me the grace to get up, shake things off and step out in Your name. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.
2032 Central Plaza, New Braunfels, TX 78130