“Looking unto Jesus the Author and the Finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:1-2; NKJV).
- We are counting down at Advent to that season of our promised hope.
- Distractions, discouragements, seeming disappointments, and delays tend to attend the moment we have been expecting or hoping for.
- Inner as well as external conflicts tend to eclipse our view of what the Lord promised.
- The voice of the Holy Spirit is dulled by the noise of the marketplace.
- We struggle to get back into the presence of the Lord—We lag! We become laxed! We become lethargic!
- God is just waiting for us to get back into His presence—original position!
God, by the Holy Spirit, will adjust our focus at Advent!
Stay focused at Advent by:
1. REFOCUSING on the promised hope. Jesus is our promised and eternal hope. Fix your eyes on Him and not on all the happenings around.
2. REPLACE “self-talk’ with “God-voice;” that is with what the Lord our God has already spoken concerning you and your season. Remember, His promises still stand, and they are still true.
3. REPOSITION your heart in line with the righteous requirements of the Kingdom of God. Remember, reposition in the direction of spiritual things, then all other things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).
4. REFLECT on what the Lord has promised. Your problems or trials in life will never be able to diminish the promises that the Lord has already established for you. Remember that the Promises of God are older than your problems. The Promises of God will always prevail over any and every problem you face.
5. REJOICE greatly in the Lord. Raise your HALLELUJAH! Sincere praise brings your miracle into a clear view.
When you stay focused at Advent:
1. God will FACILITATE the flow of the promise to you.
2. God will AMPLIFY what you could not see or hear while you were in the fog and friction of your trying season.
3. God will SUSTAIN you as He ushers you to your miracle.
4. God will TRANSFORM you so that you are able to receive what He promised.
God will refocus your view so that you can see things the way that He see them concerning you!
Lord, adjust my focus, so that I may see into spiritual reality. Dull the noise of the marketplace and magnify your still small voice in my heart. Then turn my gaze from all distractions, so that I may look to You, the Author and Finisher of my faith. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.
Schertz North Community Center, 3501 Morning Dr, Schertz, TX 78108