“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3; NKJV).
- The living Christ makes possible in us a living hope!
- The living Christ is always present with us, and He is present with us NOW, at Advent!
- The living Christ according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope!
- The living Christ, through His death, burial, and resurrection gives us the guarantee of His eternal promise to all who call upon Him in Truth!
Our ultimate hope is in Jesus and His promise to us of everlasting life!
How do we keep hope ALIVE at Advent? How do we keep hope alive always?
1. ABIDE in Christ and allow His Word to abide in you (John 15:4-11).
2. LOOK for hope in the unexpected; LOOK for possibilities in your life and not in your limitations (Matthew 19:23-30).
3. INCREASE in faith by growing in the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Hold fast to the Promises of God for you – He will PERFORM what He PROMISED (Romans 4:21).
4. VISUALIZE the promise in your present. How do you see yourself when the promise is manifested? See it in the Spirit. See it through Jesus Christ, who is the Author and the Finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).
5. EXPECT God to do the impossible. Expect God to do what He promised (Romans 4:21).
1. Living hope is an expectant LOOKING! Look with hope. Look to Jesus, the Author and the Finisher of our faith.
2. Living hope is an expectant LIVING! Choose to live life more abundantly, because Jesus died, so that we can have life in Him or because of Him.
3. Living hope is an expectant LEAPING! Leap for joy, because of Jesus’ finished work of redemption on the Cross for us. Leap because through Jesus Christ we are redeemed – We have eternal life in Him. Leap because we are restored back in right relationship with God the Father. Leap because we are joint heirs with Jesus. Leap because it is an expression of our gratitude to God for fulfilling His promises to us.
Leap and dance before the Lord! Hope is alive when Jesus is alive in you! Choose Him and live!
Lord, thank you for hope that is alive in me, because of Jesus, who came so that I may have life, and even that abundantly. According to your abundant mercy and grace, inspire me by Your Holy Spirit, that I may be an expression of the very hope that is within me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
2032 Central Plaza, New Braunfels, TX 78130