“Since ancient times, no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him” (Isaiah 64:4; NIV).
- If you wait, God will work! He will work on your behalf to fulfill His promises for you.
- The season of Advent calls us to wait (expect, anticipate, hope) for the promise.
- The season of waiting can be daunting, distracting, depressing, and discouraging.
- Amidst these trying seasons, God is always present with us to work things out in our favor.
- There is hope in the Lord while we wait.
At Advent, our ultimate hope must be in Jesus and His promise to us of everlasting life!
As long as God is WORKING, we cannot cease from WAITING
1. Wait by LOOKING in hope – Anticipate, Expect, HOPE in the Lord.
2. Wait by LISTENING – God is still speaking. He will give you a Word while you wait.
3. Wait by LEARNING – There are lessons to be learned while you wait. What does God want you to know about yourself while you are waiting? What does God want you to know about others while you are waiting? What does God want you to know about Him while you are waiting?
4. Wait by LOVING – Do not despise your season. Love yourself! Love others! Love God! Do so unconditionally.
5. Wait by LIFTING up the name of Jesus. You can praise the Lord while you wait.
1. Let us CELEBRATE God’s labor not ours – All that we need will be achieved for us by God’s action. So, applaud Him while you wait.
2. Let us have CONFIDENCE in the COMPETENCE of God’s work – If God undertakes His work on our behalf, He cannot fail. (Reflect on Isaiah 46:9-10). God does all things well!
3. Let us consider the CONDITION for God’s work on our behalf.
If you wait, God will work!
Lord, thank you that you are working on my behalf. Since ancient times, no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you who acts on behalf of those who wait for you. Teach me how to wait O Lord. For it is in my waiting, that you are working all things out on my behalf. Thank you, Lord, for giving me the grace to wait. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Schertz North Community Center, 3501 Morning Dr, Schertz, TX 78108