“Wait on the Lord, and be of good courage; and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait I say on the Lord” (Psalm 27:14; NKJV).
- The season of Advent calls us to wait (expect, anticipate or hope) for the promise.
- The season of waiting can be daunting, distracting, depressing, and discouraging.
- Amidst these trying seasons, God is always present with us.
- By the power and aid of the Holy Spirit, God will give us good courage – He will strengthen us in faith; Magnify His promises to us; keep us and sustain us; and He will above all else, give sufficient grace for the race and the days ahead while we wait on Him.
- There is hope in the Lord while we wait.
At Advent, our ultimate hope must be in Jesus and His promise to us of everlasting life!
While you are in the season of waiting:
1. PUT total RELIANCE on the Lord – “Cast all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). God is working things out in your favor. Remember, the favor of the Lord lasts a lifetime (Psalm 30:5).
2. PRAY for REVELATION – Ask the Lord to reveal the meaning of your current season. “…that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ…, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better” (Ephesians 1:17).
3. POSITION yourself in the Lord and He will RENEW your strength while you wait. “They that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength…” (Isaiah 40:31).
1. Because you BELIEVE, God will FULFILL what He promised.
2. Because you BELIEVE, God will GIVE you grace while you wait.
3. Because you BELIEVE, God will EXTEND His hand of favor upon you.
4. Because you BELIEVE, God will STRENGTHEN your heart.
Be of good courage; the Lord will strengthen your heart!
Lord, thank you for the confidence you have given me according to your holy Word. Help me to embrace these promises as I wait on you. Give me grace for each day and the days ahead. Then envelop me in Your peace. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
2032 Central Plaza, New Braunfels, TX 78130