“Be strong and courageous; be careful to obey the word of God; do not turn from the Word to the left or to the right; do not let the Word depart from your mouth; meditate on the Word of God, day and night” (Joshua 1:7-8; NKJV).
- Our mindset or thinking tend to gravitate on what seems easy and accessible during trying seasons.
- Discern your thoughts. Distinguish between “self-talk” and the voice of God. Learn to recognize the voice of God in the midst of noise – Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit. The voice of God is the Word of God. Read it! Meditate on it! Embrace the revelation!
- The things that you are thinking about can change or shift the way you think.
- The way you think can shift the way you act.
- The way you act can affect or shift the atmosphere and people around you, good or bad.
Shift your mindset by setting your mind on the things of God!
These are ways you can shift your mindset at Advent:
1. TRANSFORM the way you think by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1-2).
2. THINK about things that are virtuous (Philippians 4:3).
3. TRAIN your mind to think strategically – Prepare your mind for action…, (1 Peter 1:13, Proverbs 4:23).
4. TURN your thoughts to the promises of God…God promises still stand; His promises are true. He is not slack concerning His promises (2 Peter 3:9).
1. When you receive divine REVELATION, your mindset can shift in the direction to what is hopeful.
2. When you REFLECT on what the Lord has revealed to you, it can shift your mindset to what is hopeful.
3. When you RESIST the voice of evil and the evil one, you will shift to what is hopeful.
4. When you RETURN to the Lord and rejoice at His glorious presence, you can shift in the direction of what is hopeful.
When you shift your mindset at advent; everything around you will shift in the direction of what is hopeful! Reset your mindset at advent; set your mind on Jesus!
Lord, thank you, that through the shifting of my mind at advent, I am able to realize Hope—the eternal Hope that is in Christ; that is anchored behind the veil. Deliver me from those thoughts that will direct my path into unfruitfulness. Transform my life by the renewing of mind, that I may prove what is that good and acceptable and the perfect will of God. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.
710 Landa St, New Braunfels, TX 78130